3DCS and QDM Course Descriptions
Our comprehensive Variation Analysis Courses focus on Dimensional Control Systems software solutions, and cover the fundamentals of tolerance analysis and data management. They’re designed to introduce users to the techniques and functions of each software solution.
3DCS Variation Analyst Software Basic Training
- 40 Hours (5 Days)
The emphasis of this course is on 3-D variation analysis principles and techniques; and takes a hands on approach to learning, and illustrating, all of the concepts involved in variation analysis. Approximately 20 hours of software operation and 20 hours of real life software application on participants’ products.
- Emphases on 3-D variation analysis principles and techniques
- Hands-on approach to learning and illustrating all of the concepts involved in variation analysis
- 20-hours of software operation and 20-hours of real life software application on participants product
3DCS Add-on Software Training Course
- 16 Hours (2 Days)
3DCS Add-on modules allow for special case and advanced functions in 3DCS. Whether it is using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) or kinematics, this course is designed to teach applicable skills to help students apply the module as soon as they return to work.
- A guided walkthrough of the modules function, features and application
- Hands on examples to teach students the principles of applying the module
- Use a DCS training model, or bring your own to get expert help on immediately applying the Add-on module.
3DCS Variation Analyst Software Advanced Training
- 24 Hours (3 Days)
The emphasis of this course is on the application of 3DCS solutions to complex problems. Often incorporating a customer's model or product to show modeling techniques specific to the industry, function and assembly, this class is designed to help engineers complete larger models and more accurately model manufacturing processes.
- Emphasis on modeling techniques specific to customer's product.
- Both mentor based training and classroom training combine to advance student's knowledge of dimensional engineering.
- Each class is unique - as every assembly and product is different, each class is tailored to the attendees' specific requirements.
Quality Management courses focus on streamlining measurement data mining and analysis. Using QDM modules, these courses show how to add DCS quality solutions to your existing process to reduce time spent managing inspection data.
- 8 Hours
By the end of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate the import functionality for retrieving CAD and data files; create QDM measurement templates; and learn techniques for populating quality templates for creating custom and automated reports.
- Demonstrate the import functionality for retrieving CAD and data Files
- Create QDM measurement templates
- Techniques for populating QDM templates
Custom Classes are available on demand at customer location or at DCS's Headquarters in Troy, Michigan, USA. Contact DCS for more information